Saturday, July 26, 2008

KRISTA VENDY at Home

Krista Vendy was my old neighbour in St.Kilda, and funny that, because she starred on the soapie 'Neighbours' for years.
A photo shoot took place for New Weekly magazine.With bare walls she kindly asked me to feature one of my paintings.
'Lovers' was painted very easily.I had the house to myself for a few weeks and I truly believe that I paint better alone and not interrupted.
The 'Lovers' painting I did is actually a copy of a German artist's work called 'Otto Mueller'. Not a very well known painter but his work is amazing.The original was in orange and green - which I loathe, so naturally, I added my own touch and style.
This painting remains with me on our wall at home.It holds a special place in my heart and although I could have sold it many times, there are just some paintings that you need to keep.
I also did this in 3 other mediums.First sketched in Charcoal, water colours and acrylic as shown above.

No comments: